This section lists experiments made within the Higgins project. We attempt to report conclusions and data from as many of the tests wemake as possible, be they user studies, comparisons of techniques, or simple proof-of-concept tests.
The section also contains brief descriptions of data collections made within Higgins. Data and analyses may be included if time permits.
- 2005-03-20: Clarification 1
- Part of the speech fragments tests. This experiment investigates the effects on prosody on the interpretation of one-word clarification requests.
- 2005-03-08: Speech-fragments 1
- The first in a series of tests designed to investigate the use of small speech fragments in dialogue, including grunts and ellipses.
- 2004-08-01: Turn-taking 3
- Minimal perception test to check for generality.
- 2004-07-15: Turn-taking 2
- Turn-taking production test.
- 2004-06-10: Turn-taking 1
- Perceptual judgement of manually constructed turn-taking stimuli.
- 2004-10-20: Robust 1 experiments
- Proof-of-concept robustness tests of Pickering
- 2003-02-20: Higgins Guess experiments
- Detection & correction of speech recogniser errors