Spoken language interaction in telecommunication
The main objective of COST Action 278 is to "increase the knowledge of potentially useful applications and methodologies in deploying spoken language interaction in telecommunication. Emphasis is on achieving knowledge of speech and dialogue processing in multi-modal communication interfaces". Furthermore, the objective is to achieve knowledge of natural human-computer interaction through more cognitive, intuitive and robust interfaces, whether monolingual, multi-lingual or multi-modal. In operational terms, the main objectives can be specified as follows:
1. To improve the knowledge of the issues and problems involved in general in spoken language interaction in telecommunication.
2. To achieve knowledge of issues related to robustness and multi-linguality within spoken language processing.
3. To achieve knowledge of spoken language interaction in the context of multi-modal communication.
4. To achieve knowledge of human-computer dialogue theories, models and systems and associated tools for the establishment of such systems.
5. To achieve knowledge of and evaluate telecommunication applications that apply spoken language as one out of several input or output modalities.
It is envisaged that the COST Action 278 will benefit the European community, individual European states, providers of telecommunication networks and services, producers of telecommunication terminals and the general end-users of such networks, terminals and services.
Group: Speech Communication and Technology
Duration: 2001 - 2005
KTH research database: http://researchprojects.kth.se/index.php/kb_7879/io_8442/io.html
Keywords: Dialogue system, Speech recognition, Speech synthesis